Community Assisted Living for Individuals with Physical Disabilities Across Southwestern Ontario
Cheshire owns and runs multiple Community Assisted Living programs across London and the surrounding area for individuals requiring regular assistance. Each individual lives in their own apartment within a larger, organized complex enabling access to both freedom and required support.
Services are available at scheduled times with consideration of client preference, anytime within a 24 hour period, seven days a week. Services are designed for clients who need more frequent visitation than what can be offered through HCCSS.
Access to support is available 7 days a week during scheduled booking times, or by calling for on-call support at any time of day or night.
Learn if you or a loved one is eligible for Community Assisted Living
(There is a wait list for entry into this program)
- Benefits of freedom and independence
- Your own living space
- Professional support and aid when you need it
- A close community of peers
- Regular progress check ups
- Assistance with physiotherapy routines
- Homemaking (meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry)
- Caregiver relief
- Escort to medical appointments and occasional errands such as grocery shopping
Independence is something that every person desires, and being disabled sometimes hinders that. However, becoming a consumer of the at-home support care offered by Cheshire, I now am able to have that independence.